Made another quick trip to the thrift store this week and picked up this bedside table for 5 bucks!  It definitely wasn't my style at all but I just couldn't pass up a $5 table.  And I knew I could turn it into something I loved.
It was missing some drawer pulls, however, it had really nice bones.  And I can't walk away from a $5 table!  I primed and painted it a plain white and the molding on the front of the drawers got a couple of coats of Cloudy Morning, the paint I had left over from the master bath.  Then I added some glass drawer pulls I picked up at Lowes. 
After I finished painting it, I decided I didn't care for the scroll work trim on the bottom of the table, so, off it went.
And I replaced it with a piece of scrap wood I already had.  I just measured the piece I removed and then cut the scrap piece to be the same size, then I attached with nails.
After that, it needed some roughing up so I took a piece of sandpaper and distressed the edges.  Here's a close up of the detail.....
Here's how it looks in our room!
Love it!  Simple, pretty, matches our blue TJ Maxx quilt and does it's job of hiding our junk by the bed.....for 5 bucks.  Can't beat that!

Stay tuned for an awesome gift I made for my hubby for Father's Day, inspired by a piece of 1951 memorabilia, our favorite summer movie and this.  Can you guess what it could be?  And I'm gonna share another fun recipe perfect for Dad! Have a great one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top