Hello!

I spent the weekend gathering up fun items to decorate our dining room table for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.  I love Thanksgiving.  It's one of the few times that my family sits around the table for a meal together as one is off at college and the other is busy working and spending time with his girlfriend.  That leaves our youngest at home so we spent the day outside looking for colorful pieces of nature to bring inside for the table. 

I happen to love decorating with things from outdoors.  They are beautiful and don't cost a thing.

Here's what I came up with...

We found a tree with simple but colorful leaves and clipped a few branches to put them in a pitcher of water.  Then we found a few leaves scattered on the ground that we liked and placed them on the table.   Simple, but just the way I like it.  :)


The painting on the wall behind the table I picked up at a flea market for $3.  I was completely smitten with it as it is of a mother and her child.  It reminds me of how much being a mom as filled my life with love and happiness.


We had a couple of vintage wooden cigar molds in our store so I scooped them up and drilled 1 1/2 inch holes in the top to allow for little tea lights.  Voila, instant candle holder.  I love them and it worked out perfectly cause I didn't really know what to do with them otherwise.

And of course I always use my mini breadboards, engraved with my kids' birthdates.  Available here.


Some crisp white napkins, vintage silverware and some antique brown transferware plates completes the simple table decor.


That's pretty much it!  It's been a while since I decorated anything so it was really nice to get back into it and I do love the holidays!

Have a great week!
Diana

Follow along between posts on Instagram. 
Next
This is the most recent post.
Previous
Older Post

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top