I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I can't get enough pumpkin during the Fall season.  I love it.  Especially in scones.  These are simple, fast and so tender and flaky.  And I may or may not have eaten them all myself at midnight last night.  ;)

Pumpkin Scones

2 cups all purpose flour
7 TBS sugar
1 TBS baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
6 TBS cold butter, cubed
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
3 TBS heavy cream
1 large egg

Spiced Glaze

1 cup powdered sugar
2 TBS whole milk
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Combine dry ingredients in food processor and pulse to combine.  Add cold butter and pulse until butter resembles small pea size crumbs.  Set aside.

In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin, heavy cream and egg.  Whisk until mixed together.

Fold into wet ingredients.  Form dough into ball and pat into a 9 in x 3 in wide rectangle.  Cut into 3 equal portions.  But those 3 portions diagonally so that you have 6 equal triangle shaped slices of dough.

Place on greased baking sheet.  Bake 14-16 minutes.

Combine ingredients for the glaze and drizzle over warm scones.


Enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top