One of the ways I like to change up the look of a room for pennies, besides paint, is throw pillows.  I usually always sew my own pillow covers because it's much cheaper that way.  Even if you find some fabric that is a little on the pricey side per yard, you can always just buy a half a yard to cut the price.  And really, that is all you need anyway.  I like to use plain canvas for the backs of my pillows and the pretty fabric for the front.  That may seem like an obvious thing to do but actually,
 I didn't figure that out till this past year.  :)


Lately, I've been making some small pillow changes in our living room mainly to give it a little more color.  If you follow us on Facebook, you know that we purchased these new bamboo blinds from Lowe's several months ago.  Previously, we had sheers on the windows and I was beginning to hate how they really absorb dirt and dust.  For a family with allergies, that's not so good.  So, we ditched them and purchased the bamboo blinds.  They are the roll-up kind and inexpensive.  
I am so happy with them.  

By far, the question I am asked the most via email is where did we buy our bamboo shades in our kitchen and dining area.  Unfortunately, I don't think they are available any longer.  We bought them about 6 years ago and recently tried to find another set without any luck.
But I like these just as much.


I was so excited to come across this pillow cover at Restoration Hardware ON CLEARANCE a few months ago.  It's a tiny pillow but who cares.  I loved it and it wasn't a budget buster.

The fabric on the pillow behind it came from here.
It was almost $16 per yard but I just bought a half a yard, cutting the price in half.
I love that fabric.com will allow you to buy a half instead of a whole.

So, that's it for now.  Stay tuned for more pillow changes coming up....

Have a great Monday!

Diana

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top