Hey there!  Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.  I was finally able to work on this cabinet that hubby found and let me tell ya, it had me completely stumped.  I just didn't have a clue what to do with it.  
No matter how much I stared at it, I came up with nothin'.  
But after some time away from it, 
I finally decided to just try to bring it back to its original beauty.  
Here is the before pic.
The top had a huge hole in it, so I removed that and bought another top at Lowe's for around 10 bucks.  
We attached the new top and I applied two coats of Minwax Special Walnut stain.
I decided to just leave the tin sides alone, but I did give them a good cleaning.  We removed all the hardware and I spray painted them with Rustoleum oil rubbed bronze spray paint.  I also gave the entire piece a couple of coats of Minwax special walnut to match the top and when it was completely dry, I gave it a coat of wax.  Here's how it looks now.
I really love the darker color.  This pic isn't that great because by the time we were done, it was dark and the kitchen is the brightest room in the house.  But after being stumped for days, I'm happy with it and even happier that it's finished.
What do you think of it?
My hubby and I have some very exciting news to share very soon.
Stay tuned!

I have just listed more bread boards.  If you're ordering for Christmas, I'm accepting orders until December 16, to get them shipped in time for Christmas.  
Thank you lovely readers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top