Happy Monday to you!  Although I wouldn't actually call a Monday a happy day, it's a short week and Thanksgiving week, too!  I don't know about you, but that makes me pretty happy.

Tis the season, it's almost gift giving time, one of my favorite things to do ever, and that means lots of possibilities for pretty packaging.   When I saw these oh so cute vintage school styled gift tags at Anthropologie, I just knew there could be a way to DIY them.  So how lucky was it that I came across this easy tutorial for them over at Flamingo Toes.  It's super simple and cheap, my kind of project, so I spent an evening whipping these things up and I just LOVE them!  Here's my version.....
All you need is card stock, red thread, blue thread and thin hemp twine, or whatever kind of twine you prefer.  Flamingo Toes even provides you with a template to print off to make it easier.  For teacher and coach appreciation gifts, I picked up these fun kraft gable boxes, available here, and some red and white twine, available here.  
 They reminded me of a lunch box so I thought they would be perfect with the school themed gift tags.  Fill the boxes with yummy baked goodies and you have a simple perfect gift to show your appreciation for those that spend so much of their time teaching our children.  I can't wait to get to work on mine!
If you'd like to make these cute little tags yourself, click here for the easy tutorial!
Have a great day!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top