Hey there!  Hope everyone had a good weekend!  We had a great weekend all around, celebrating my oldest son's 19th birthday and enjoying a garage sale extravaganza in our little town.  We got some great things, one of which was this old sideboard.
I have always wanted a sideboard for our dining room, so, needless to say, I was thrilled, hubby was thrilled!  I actually liked it in this aged condition but decided to give it a fresh coat of white paint, strip the white paint off the drawer pulls and then spray paint them oil rubbed bronze.  And guess how much it cost.........5 bucks!!!!!!  Here's what it looks like in it's new home.
Pretty nifty, huh?
This piece, along with the old soda crate hubby found and the linen table runner I made from my tablecloth fiasco, inspired a little mini dining room redo.  So, here's a look at the table runner I sewed.
I used grey linen that I ordered from here.  I originally bought three yards because I had planned to sew a tablecloth instead, but, after I was finished and put it on the table, I didn't like it at all.  I think it was the thought of covering up such a special table, so I cut it down to make this table runner.

After being inspired by the look of these tablecloths, I decided to make a patch from drop cloth and then stencil my favorite number on it with grey craft paint.  Then I sewed it onto the runner and fringed the edges.

To go on top of the runner, I filled the aged soda crate with our pretty white napkins, a variety of vintage mismatched salt and pepper shakers, my mini bread boards - one for each of us, and cute little bowls to sit on top of the bread boards for dipping oil, butter, or whatever we decide to eat with our bread.
And because the vintage ladder was driving us crazy in the master bath (we kept tripping over it cause it's a small room), I decided to bring it out to the dining room and hang those gorgeous coffee sacks hubby got me from it.  And since it is no longer in the bathroom, we can enjoy looking at the ladder more often.
Here is a look at the entire room with all it's little changes.
I can't wait to have our family dinners in there now!  I am just itchin' to get the fall decorations and candles out!  I had so much fun this weekend with hubby, my kiddos and all our fun garage sale finds. We are nearing the end of summer vacation and I dread that.  I enjoy having my kids home with me so much.

Have a great day!

P.S. I will have more bread boards towards the end of the week.  I sell out faster than I can keep up with but I feel so blessed and thankful that everyone is enjoying them so much!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top