I finally figured out what I wanted to do with one of the big window frames we came across and finished it up yesterday.  Let me tell ya, this sucker is heavy.  Because of that, the only way we could figure out to hang it was from the ceiling joists.  So, that's what we did.  And it was quite a job getting those screwed in and getting that window up there.  We used 2 large screw hooks for the joists, 2 large screw eyes for the window, 
and connected the two with galvanized chain.
We couldn't be happier with the results.


I decided to take down the ledge I built and use it in another room.  It had been there almost since we moved in and I was ready for a change in this little entry area.  This was really the most logical place for the window.  A lot of you suggested using it for a room divider, which I would have loved to do, however, our home is made up of lots of smallish rooms (except the dining room), not an open floor plan, so, there wasn't a room that needed to be divided.


I put together the little shelf in the corner for about 8 bucks using a piece of barn wood and "L" brackets from Lowe's.  I like using "L" brackets for shelves much better than using the brackets that are actually made for shelving.  I like the industrial look of these and they are less expensive.  These are 5 1/2 inches and cost 4 bucks each.  You can find these, as well as other sizes, in the hardware section of Lowe's or any home improvement store.


 I found the pillow fabric here.  
I really like the combination of the modern fabric pillows with the rustic bench 


Looking at this window makes me happy because it reminds me 
of the fun bike rides we take every evening.

Now I have to figure out what to do with the others window frames or just 
put them in our upcoming shop.
We have video and photos of that coming soon!
Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top