Hey there!  I worked on our table decor this morning and as usual, I kept it pretty simple.  
For the table, I used vintage Christmas sheet music for placemats.  Then placed my favorite white plates on top, along with my newest set of mini bread boards.  On top of those, I added the gorgeous vintage silver that my hubby brought home to me.  And simple white napkins complete the look.
I added some greenery into the hurricanes that were already on the table to add a little "festiveness",
is that a word?
I found this wonderful vintage dough trencher on Etsy last week and snatched it up to add to my collection.  I filled it with gorgeous pomegranates.  Simple, natural and pretty.
For above the pocket door, I simply went into the woods and clipped some greenery off some cypress and cedar trees and stapled it to the wall.  Free.
I bought one of those inexpensive faux green wreaths and added burlap strips to it that I cut from some of our coffee sacks, then hung it from our built in corner cabinet that holds my collection of transferware.  I also hung a glass berry garland from our light above the table.
For our buffet, I bought a mini Christmas tree and put it into a bushel basket wrapped with burlap and rope.  Then brought out my special vintage wine decanter with etched glass wine goblets that my hubby bought for me for our anniversary one year. 
To add some festiveness to the dining chairs, I tied strips of canvas to little berry wreaths that I made from glass berry garland, and hung them on the backs of the chairs.
And that's pretty much it.  Nothing fancy, just simple and inexpensive, but still pretty, cozy and warm for the holidays.  That in itself is beautiful to me.
Happy Decorating!

Come join us for a week of Holiday Decor link parties!
The Lettered Cottage

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top