Last fall we purchased two baby Rhode Island Red chicks to raise for our own organic, free range eggs.   When I was a child, my grandma had chickens roaming around her yard just as happy as they could be and since then I have always wanted to own a couple of my own.  Now, we finally do and let me tell ya, they are funny little creatures. 

Although we planned to let them free range during the day, they still needed a place to lay eggs and roost at night so I came up with this cute little coop idea loosely based on different plans I came across online.  I spent 3 or 4 days building it with the help of my hubby.  It really wasn't that expensive to build, especially when compared to models sold online.  I think it turned out great and after our chickens finally realized where they were supposed to lay their eggs, they seem pretty happy with it, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top